Sanskrit Name : Ustrasnana
Pronounced As oos-TRAHS-anna
Duration: 30 to 60 seconds
Also Read : Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana) ,Yoga Asana To Say Goodbye To Stress And Craving
Ustra means camel in Sanskrit, and this pose resembles a camel. That’s why it is known as camel pose. It Stretches Abdomen, Thighs, Thorax, Ankles, Quadriceps femoris muscle, Groin, Psoas major muscle, Throat, Entire front of the body.
- Sits in vajra asana.
- Now, Stand on your knees and wide your legs.
- Exhale, right-hand goes up and place the right hand on the right heel. Similarly, place the left palm on the left heel.
- Inhale and push the hip forward as you drop down your hip, your chest opens up.
- Stay in the Camel Pose.
- Feel the stretch and after the third exhalation come up with the same way.
- Sit in vajra asana and relax.
Benefits of Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
- It Stretches Abdomen, Thighs, Thorax, Ankles, Quadriceps femoris muscle, Groin, Psoas major muscle, Throat, Entire front of the body.
- Corrects Posture
- Shapes up the body
- Improves Digestion
- Opens the Heart Chakra
Cautions of Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
Avoid this asana if you have the followings :
- Lower back and neck injury
- Herniated discs
- Knee injury, stiffness, or pain
- Irregular blood pressure (high or low)
Next to Read : Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana) ,Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)