Sanskrit Name : Marjaryasana- Bitilasana
Cat Pose is a wonderful way to warm up your spine. This pose has many powerful health benefits for mind, body, and soul. This pose helps in improving posture and balance.
How To :
- Take a tabletop position with shoulders over the wrist and hips over the knees.
- Spread the fingers of your hands.
- Move the spine from a rounded position (flexion) to an arched one (extension). (Make sure your chin should be tuck towards your chest.)
- Come back to the tabletop position.
- Release the pose and relax.
Benefits of Cat Pose (Marjaryasana)
- Preventing back pain and maintaining a healthy and flexible spine.
- Cat-Cow Stretch can help you improve your posture and balance.
- Improves Core Strength and Stability.
- With a neck injury, keep the head in line with the torso.
- Talk to your doctor before doing these poses if you have a chronic back condition or have had a recent back injury.