Sanskrit Name : Uttana Shishosana
Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana) is a combination of child pose and downward dog pose. This pose stretches the spine in both directions. It also stretches shoulders, upper back, and arms.
Next to Read : Easy Pose (Sukhasana),Cat-Cow Pose (Marjaryasana-Bitilasana),Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
How To :
- Gently begin to sit in Vajrasana with your knees wide apart.
- Slowly inhale and lift your arms up.
- Now Lengthen your spine and come to the child pose slowly.
- Now relax your body.
- Inhale, and slide your body all the way forward so that your butt comes up and your chest touches the mat. Now you just have to keep on breathing as breathing is important for the posture.
- Release the pose slowly and back to the child pose and relax.
Next to Read : Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana),Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana),Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Helps in opening out your shoulders. (especially when you have tight shoulders)
- This pose stretches the spine in both directions.
- Stretches shoulders, upper back, and arms.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND CAUTIONS:
- Serious shoulder, neck or lower back injuries
- Knee injury
Also Read : Big Toe Pose,Yoga Asana To Say Goodbye To Stress And Craving