To make healthy eating a lifestyle try the following tips :
- Try To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables: Eat more fruits and vegetables than other food. You can calculate your food intake in a day and make half of your food fruits and vegetables. If you do so it will make you full and provide you with all nutrients you need for a healthy body.
- Avoid Refined food and grains: Avoid refined food as much as possible and try to make half of the grain you eat whole grain.
- Try Skimmed milk and other low-fat dairy product: switch to fat-free or low-fat milk. Dairy products are rich in high-quality protein, Important minerals (Calcium, Iodine, Phosphorus, and Potassium), and Vitamins( B2, B5, and B12.) Hence they provide you with overall health. For vegetarian people, dairy products are a must because there are very limited sources of vitamin B12.
- Drink Water Instead Of Sugary Drinks: If you consume too much sugar increases the risk of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and inflammation. It can also affect the appearance of your skin, drain your energy, and could harm your teeth. Drinking high amounts of sugar-sweetened beverages — such as soda — can have various adverse impacts on your health.
- Cut back on solid fats: According to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE “Saturated fats and trans fats tend to raise “bad” (LDL) cholesterol levels in the blood. This, in turn, increases the risk for heart disease. To lower the risk for heart disease, cut back on foods containing saturated fats and trans fats (solid fats), and replace them with monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats (oils)”.